[GE users] Help: CPU Usage

Amy Lee openlinuxsource at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 02:51:22 GMT 2007

Hello,

I run a parallel job by the loose integration of SGE. The executive host
is based 2 Opteron 270 processors, so I can regard them as 4 processors.
When I use command "top -d1" to show the system status, I notice that
the parallel program is running on the whole processors, 4 processes are
running 4 processors and every CPU usage is 100% or 99%. But when I
observe the status in Cluster Queues of qmon, I see the tag "Host", the
CPU usage is 82.7%.

What's the difference between them? Or it's not CPU usage or something else?

Thank you very much~

Regards,

Amy Lee