[GE users] io usage always zero on Linux?

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 02:56:27 GMT 2007

I read the PDC code a while ago and I also remember that the Linux
kernel does not report the I/O usage (at least not in the process'
/proc/<pid>/ directory).

On operating systems that support reporting per process I/O usage,
then SGE will collect the information. Otherwise, SGE will leave it as
0.0.

I could be wrong, please check and see if the support is there on Linux...

Rayson