[GE users] problem using -notify

Oded Haim-Langford odedhl at marvell.com
Mon Nov 12 08:47:19 GMT 2007

Many thanks,

Using the -M <user>@marvell.com fixed the problem.
It appears sungrid tried to send messages to <user>@<hostname> addresses
which doesn't exist.

Oded

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Chen [mailto:ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 9:11 AM
To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
Subject: Re: [GE users] problem using -notify

Make sure that sendmail (or whatever program you use) is
configured properly on that node. SGE deamon needs to call the
mailer (see sge_conf(5)) to send the notification email.

So things to check:
1) make sure that mail forwarding is configured on the execution
nodes. Send an email from the nodes to test. And if it works,
then:

2) make sure that SGE is sending the email. You can set the
"loglevel" to log_info (see sge_conf(5)). The manpage says the
loglevel defaults to log_info but I am not exactly sure about
that, so you should set the value explicity:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=4591

You can even write your own script that calls external programs,
and point SGE to call your scripts as the mailer to help
debugging the problem.

 -Ron

http://mail.yahoo.com

For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net