[GE users] how define default queue

Jan Sundermeyer jan.sundermeyer at iis.fraunhofer.de
Mon Nov 12 11:44:24 GMT 2007

Hello Daniel,

i have set the complex resource "qname" as forced.
Futhermore all queues ask for qname to be equal their name.
This seems to force the behaviour i want, that high prioritry queues are
only used when they are explizitely requested.(likewise the low priority
queue).

  Jan

Daniel Templeton schrieb:
> Jan,
>
> It depends on our overall goals.  There are several approaches.  You
> could, for example, associated a forced complex with all the other
> queues, which would prevent jobs from landing in those queues unless
> they explicitly ask for that resource.  (It's better to have your users
> request a resource instead of a queue, because it gives you more freedom
> as an administrator.)  Another option would be to change the
> queue_sort_method in the scheduler configuration is "seq_no" and then
> give all of the other queue a seqno of 1.  That tells the scheduler to
> schedule first to your default queue (with the lowest sequence number,
> since it's 0 by default) and then to the other queues when the default
> is full or if a user specifically requests another queue.
>
> Daniel
>
> Jan Sundermeyer wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> is it possible to define a default queue, to which the jobs are sent
>> when started without further requirements.
>> Right now the jobs tend to spread over the other queues as well.
>> I set a request for q="default.q" in the sge_request file, however as
>> soft request as the user should be able to change that if needed without
>> the "--clear" argument.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>   Jan

Jan Sundermeyer

Fraunhofer-Institut für Integrierte Schaltungen
Projektgruppe Optische Kommunikationstechnik
Am Wolfsmantel 33
D-91058 Erlangen
Germany

phone (49) 9131/776-9214     Fax.: -499     e-mail:
Jan.Sundermeyer at iis.fraunhofer.de

Signierungszertifikat: http://pki.fraunhofer.de

http://www.iis.fhg.de/asic