[GE users] Modifying Automatic Exec Host Installation Queue

Marco Donauer Marco.Donauer at Sun.COM
Wed Nov 14 09:15:17 GMT 2007

Hello Jonathan,

I'm not sure to understand it right. You want to rename the default
queue? Is this right?
Or are you planning to do an installation without the creation of any
queue? During the development of the automatic installation
it was not planned to change the default queue name of all.q, but it
should be possible to implement this feature anytime.
If you want to change the defaut name you have to change the following
lines:

in file install_modules/inst_qmaster.sh:

$INFOTEXT -u "\nCreating the default <all.q> queue and <allhosts> hostgroup"
   echo
   $INFOTEXT -log "Creating the default <all.q> queue and <allhosts>
hostgroup"
   TMPL=/tmp/hostqueue$$
   TMPL2=${TMPL}.q
   rm -f $TMPL $TMPL2
   if [ -f $TMPL -o -f $TMPL2 ]; then
      $INFOTEXT "\nCan't delete template files >%s< or >%s<" "$TMPL"
"$TMPL2"
   else
      PrintHostGroup @allhosts > $TMPL
      Execute $SGE_BIN/qconf -Ahgrp $TMPL
      Execute $SGE_BIN/qconf -sq > $TMPL
      Execute sed -e "/qname/s/template/all.q/" \            <- change
the name here. the default all.q will be created at this place,during
qmaster installation
                  -e "/hostlist/s/NONE/@allhosts/" \
                  -e "/pe_list/s/NONE/make/" $TMPL > $TMPL2
      Execute $SGE_BIN/qconf -Aq $TMPL2
      rm -f $TMPL $TMPL2
   fi

 $INFOTEXT -u "\nAdding a queue for this host"
   $INFOTEXT "\nWe can now add a queue instance for this host:\n\n" \
             "   - it is added to the >allhosts< hostgroup\n" \
             "   - the queue provides %s slot(s) for jobs in all queues\n" \
             "     referencing the >allhosts< hostgroup\n\n" \
             "You do not need to add this host now, but before running
jobs on this host\n" \
             "it must be added to at least one queue.\n" $slots

   $INFOTEXT -auto $AUTO -ask "y" "n" -def "y" -n \
                     <- if you don't like to get a default queue, you
can switch the "y" of the -def to "n". This is the default value of this
question

during the autoinstallation, always the default will be used, setting to
"n", no queue will be created.
             "Do you want to add a default queue instance for this host
(y/n) [y] >> "

   if [ $? = 0 ]; then
      $SGE_BIN/qconf -aattr hostgroup hostlist $exechost @allhosts
      $SGE_BIN/qconf -aattr queue slots "[$exechost=$slots]" all.q
                     <- the exechost will be added to the all.q,
creating the slots entry
      $INFOTEXT -wait -auto $AUTO -n "\nHit <RETURN> to continue >> "
      $CLEAR
   fi

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Marco

--

Sun Microsystems GmbH         Marco Donauer
D-93049 Regensburg            Phone: +49 (0)941 3075-211  (x60211)
mailto:marco.donauer at sun.com
D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028