[GE users] Modifying Automatic Exec Host Installation Queue

Marco Donauer Marco.Donauer at Sun.COM
Wed Nov 14 09:18:16 GMT 2007

Forgot something.
See comment below

Marco Donauer wrote:
> Hello Jonathan,
>
> I'm not sure to understand it right. You want to rename the default
> queue? Is this right?
> Or are you planning to do an installation without the creation of any
> queue? During the development of the automatic installation
> it was not planned to change the default queue name of all.q, but it
> should be possible to implement this feature anytime.
> If you want to change the defaut name you have to change the following
> lines:
>
> in file install_modules/inst_qmaster.sh:
>
> $INFOTEXT -u "\nCreating the default <all.q> queue and <allhosts>
> hostgroup"
>   echo
>   $INFOTEXT -log "Creating the default <all.q> queue and <allhosts>
> hostgroup"
>   TMPL=/tmp/hostqueue$$
>   TMPL2=${TMPL}.q
>   rm -f $TMPL $TMPL2
>   if [ -f $TMPL -o -f $TMPL2 ]; then
>      $INFOTEXT "\nCan't delete template files >%s< or >%s<" "$TMPL"
> "$TMPL2"
>   else
>      PrintHostGroup @allhosts > $TMPL
>      Execute $SGE_BIN/qconf -Ahgrp $TMPL
>      Execute $SGE_BIN/qconf -sq > $TMPL
>      Execute sed -e "/qname/s/template/all.q/" \            <- change
> the name here. the default all.q will be created at this place,during
> qmaster installation
>                  -e "/hostlist/s/NONE/@allhosts/" \
>                  -e "/pe_list/s/NONE/make/" $TMPL > $TMPL2
>      Execute $SGE_BIN/qconf -Aq $TMPL2
>      rm -f $TMPL $TMPL2         fi

You will find this in file install_modules/inst_execd.sh:

--

Sun Microsystems GmbH         Marco Donauer
D-93049 Regensburg            Phone: +49 (0)941 3075-211  (x60211)
mailto:marco.donauer at sun.com
D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028