[GE users] Single load sensor for multiple hosts?

Daire Byrne Daire.Byrne at framestore-cfc.com
Wed Nov 14 11:55:31 GMT 2007

Mark,

----- "Mark Olesen" <Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com> wrote:
> From my experience trying something similar with 5.3, you should be
> happy
> that reporting a load from the wrong host didn't crash your system.

Okay so that's a definite "no" then!

> I don't understand why modifying the values directly isn't working.
> Eg,
>
>    qconf -mattr exechost complex_values xlogin=67 sys1
>    qconf -mattr exechost complex_values xlogin=45 sys2
>    qconf -mattr exechost complex_values xlogin=23 sys3

Well the thing I don't fully understand is the relationship between "complex_value" and "load_value". Is the only way to make a complex_value a load_value by using a load_sensor? If I set the suspend threshold for sys[1-3] to something like 100 and set the complexes per host as above the Q's are by default suspended. I alter the per host values but the Q's remain "suspended" until I remove the suspend_threshold completely. I assume this is because the complex isn't a known "load_value"?

It seems you use a complex_value as a "load_threshold" but not a "suspend_threshold"?

Daire