[GE users] qrsh doesn't work on all nodes

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Nov 14 22:36:55 GMT 2007

Hi,

Am 12.11.2007 um 15:47 schrieb Jerry Mersel:

>  I have installed rocks 4.2.1 and it comes with sge 6u8.
>  When I run:
> qrsh -verbose -q all.q at c0-12
> Your job 648 ("QRLOGIN") has been submitted
> waiting for interactive job to be scheduled ...
> Your interactive job 648 has been successfully scheduled.
> Establishing /opt/gridengine/utilbin/lx26-amd64/rlogin session to
> host compute-0-12.local ...
> SH-1.99-OpenSSH_3.9p1
> /opt/gridengine/utilbin/lx26-amd64/rlogin exited with exit code 1

this looks like a mismatch: ssh and rlogin are mentioned: is rsh
linked to ssh on the submit host? Do you need ssh inside the cluster
(often it's in a private subnet anyway)? What are the settings of
rlogin_daemon and/or rlogin_command on the global and host settings
of sge ("qconf -sconf <nodename>" and "qconf -sconf")? Did you setup
SGE to use SSH?