[GE users] windows exec host problems

Harald Pollinger Harald.Pollinger at Sun.COM
Thu Nov 15 10:46:26 GMT 2007

Sandeep, Patel(IE10) wrote:
> Hi
>  Yes that directory I have created and given the permission for grid
> engine manager.but can u tell me why after successful installation of
> execution daemon I m not able to see it in process lists.

Because it exits when it can't create the spool directory. The execd
itself tries to create the spool directory (and subdirectories and
files), this is not done by the installation.

Did you create the directory "/dev/fs/D/spool/ie10dtdc3zl1s" and you
still get the "No such file or directory" error in the newest
/tmp/execd_messages... file?

Regards,
Harald

http://www.sun.com/gridware