[GE users] Help: Priority Problem

Amy Lee openlinuxsource at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 11:42:37 GMT 2007

Hello,

I have some problems about the process priority in SGE.

1. When I use QMON to observe the job status, I find two priority
fields. One is "Priority", another is "N Priority". What's the
difference between them? And if I adjust a job priority, the first field
is permanent, the last field the changed.

2. I know SGE can adjust the process priority dynamically. I submit many
jobs in the queue and set some different priority values, however,
during running time, their priorities are not changed any more. I don't
know how to accomplish it.

Thank you very much~

Regards,

Amy Lee