[GE users] windows exec host problems

Harald Pollinger Harald.Pollinger at Sun.COM
Thu Nov 15 12:00:54 GMT 2007

Sandeep, Patel(IE10) wrote:
> Hi
>
>   First of all a lot of thanks.....to u.
>
>   I m now able to see the execution daemon and able to submit the jobs
> to windows execution host. And jobs are also getting finished
>
> Can u tell me which directory I ll see for output?

Normally in the users home directory, but please have also a look at the
"-e" and "-o" option of qsub(1).

> And when I m submitting more than 4 jobs .some jobs r going to EQW state
> and after that is getting pending.

See qstat(1), specially the "-explain E" option.

> And I m receiving a mail that the
> execution host is temporarily not available. Why is that happening?
 > And how can resolve it?

The mail should give you the hint. Or use "qstat -j <ID of the job>" to
get the error reason.

The man page sge_intro(1) contains a list of the most important commands
of SGE. Please read their man pages. Please have also a look at the
configuration man pages, starting with sge_conf(5), the "SEE ALSO"
section contains the names of the other configuration man pages.

Regards,
Harald

http://www.sun.com/gridware
mailto:harald.pollinger at sun.com