[GE users] Memory leak in 6.1u2 ?

Richard Ems Richard.Ems at cape-horn-eng.com
Thu Nov 15 12:38:19 GMT 2007

Hi!

There seems to be a memory leak in 6.1u2.
We are having this problem several times a day. (NAGIOS is now
restarting the master/scheduler process several times daily!)

Our config:

1. SGE 6.1u2 on master and nodes.

2. openSUSE 10.3 64 bit on master and nodes.

3. Many queues and parallel environments! We have one queue and parallel
environment per node, see
http://gridengine.info/articles/2006/02/14/grouping-jobs-to-nodes-via-wildcard-pes
)

The problem:
The scheduler takes the whole system memory, going up to between 3 or 4 GBs.

There are not too many jobs, less than 100 waiting, less than 100 running.

Where can I look for? What other data do you need for searching/debugging?

Many thanks, Richard

--
Richard Ems       mail: Richard.Ems at Cape-Horn-Eng.com

Cape Horn Engineering S.L.
C/ Dr. J.J. Dómine 1, 5? piso
46011 Valencia
Tel : +34 96 3242923 / Fax 924