[GE users] Help: Priority Problem

Ravi Chandra Nallan Ravichandra.Nallan at Sun.COM
Thu Nov 15 12:42:00 GMT 2007

The priority(ppri as in qstat -pri) is what is defined by you (qsub -p
option) and the npprior (the N Priority) is a normalized priority (of
ppri). The actual priority of a job (prior) is calculated as a
combination of weights of urgency,pri,tkts, as defined in the sched conf.
To let sge dynamically change priorities (adjusting them) use the
repriortize_interval (sched_conf).
Refer sge_priority(5) for more info,

regards,
~Ravi