[GE users] Memory leak in 6.1u2 ?

Thu Nov 15 13:14:07 GMT 2007

Hi Richard,

in 6.u1 we fixed a scheduler memory leak

    http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/61patches.txt

but since then I'm not aware about scheduler leaking.

As for hunting the leak I could provide you with an instrumented
scheduler binary that records allocation/deallocation information
in a way that it can be analyzed with Linux mtrace(3) utility.

Regards,
Andreas

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, Richard Ems wrote:

> Hi!
>
> There seems to be a memory leak in 6.1u2.
> We are having this problem several times a day. (NAGIOS is now
> restarting the master/scheduler process several times daily!)
>
> Our config:
>
> 1. SGE 6.1u2 on master and nodes.
>
> 2. openSUSE 10.3 64 bit on master and nodes.
>
> 3. Many queues and parallel environments! We have one queue and parallel
> environment per node, see
> http://gridengine.info/articles/2006/02/14/grouping-jobs-to-nodes-via-wildcard-pes
> )
>
> The problem:
> The scheduler takes the whole system memory, going up to between 3 or 4 GBs.
>

> There are not too many jobs, less than 100 waiting, less than 100 running.
>
> Where can I look for? What other data do you need for searching/debugging?
>

> Many thanks, Richard
>

> --
> Richard Ems       mail: Richard.Ems at Cape-Horn-Eng.com
>
> Cape Horn Engineering S.L.
> C/ Dr. J.J. Dómine 1, 5? piso
> 46011 Valencia
> Tel : +34 96 3242923 / Fax 924