[GE users] Single load sensor for multiple hosts?

Thu Nov 15 18:45:49 GMT 2007

Daire,

The problem you're seeing is that the qmaster keeps the strictest value
it sees.  If the host says load1=100, and the queue says load1=50, and
the load sensor says load1=75, the qmaster will take 50 as the value.
(Assuming that the relop is < or <=.)  As load as you're setting a
complex value that is less than what your load sensor is reporting,
you'll never see the effect of the load sensor.

To answer the other question, load sensors and consumables work fine
together.  A consumable resource is one whose value can be decremented.
Whether the decremented is value is one assigned from a complex_values
attribute or one that comes from a load sensor isn't relevant.  If you
have a consumable being reported by a load sensor, the value of the
consumable will be the value reported by the load sensor minus however
much is currently in use.

Daniel