[GE users] Does IP hostname cache still exist in GridEngine 6.x?

Thorsten Schmerer Thorsten.Schmerer at siliconimage.com
Mon Nov 19 07:52:04 GMT 2007

Hello Christian,

Thanks for the info :-)

Our IT used to reuse IP addresses with new hostnames when machines
were reinstalled. The installation process also included the Grid
Engine installation. But at that time the cache was not flushed or
updated, resulting in erroneous entries in the execution/admin host
lists. We had to restart the commd on the master and shadow host.

Best regards,
Thorsten