[GE users] Questions on SSH tight integration + Rocks OS 4.3

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 18:27:54 GMT 2007

--- VS Ang <vs_ang at yahoo.com> wrote:
> First, it's not clear to me what supplementary group IDs are.
> Also, the release notes refer to the gid_range parameter for
> the execd "local" configuration on each node. Are these group
> ID ranges supposed to be non-overlapping on each node?

The "gid_range" is documented in sge_conf(5). As long as the
range is bigger than the max. number of jobs per node, you don't
need to change it.

Also, the "gid_range" of a node can be overlapped by other
nodes, as the group ID space is not shared in the nodes.

> Also, when I try to edit the execd configuration on the node
> using qconf, I am getting the following errors. Does it mean
> the gid_range parameter is not supported in this version (even
> though this is 6.0u8)?

"gid_range" was supported even before SGE 5.x.

> 2) >./aimk -gcc -no-java -no-jni -no-qtcsh -spool-classic
> -tight-ssh
>
> I would appreciate it if someone can point me to the "right"
> documentation on implementing the SSH tight integration and
> tell me the requirements for building the code with tight
> integration support.

You can take a look at the SGE workshop presentation:

"SGE-openSSH Tight Integration":

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/download/workshop10-12_09_07/SGE-WS2007-openSSHTightIntegration_RonChen.pdf

 -Ron

users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net