[GE users] job submission to windows execution host

Harald Pollinger Harald.Pollinger at Sun.COM
Tue Nov 20 11:14:37 GMT 2007

Deepti Thapliyal wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I have configured a windows machine as both, a submission as well as an
> execution host. Later I try to submit a job to this windows machine, but
> the job gets suspended in Eqw state. The qstat --j <job_id> command gives
> the following statement : " can't get password entry for user
> <user_name>. Either the user does not exist or an NIS error! ".

This "password entry" is - on Unix - the users entry in the passwd file
or in NIS or - on Windows - the users entry in the user database of the
host or the domain.
This error message just tells you that the system call getpwnam(2) failed.

> The password enrty for this user was successfully made using "sgepasswd
> <user_name>" command in qmaster.

This is a completely different password entry.

> Could any one tell where the problem is??

The user does not exist in the domain or the default domain of the host
is set wrong. The "pdomain" command tells you what the default (or
principal) domain of the host is.

Regards,
Harald

http://www.sun.com/gridware