[GE users] Interactive jobs

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Nov 20 20:46:49 GMT 2007

Hi,

Am 20.11.2007 um 20:57 schrieb A listner:

> I am having strange problem with interactive jobs. When I  run
> "qsh" I get following message
>
> Your job 3533836 ("INTERACTIVE") has been submitted waiting for
> interactive job to be scheduled ...
> Your "qsh" request could not be scheduled, try again later.
>

> However I can see lots of slots are open. Any idea? It was working
> fine couple of days ago.

qstat -f

shows no errors in the interactive queues? Did you setup a dedicated
queue for interactive jobs? Any default requests in the complex
definition or $SGE_ROOT/default/common/sge_request?

qsh will start a xterm session with a direct connection, hence no
firewalls on port 6000+ are alllowed; is qrsh/qlogin working?