[GE users] Help: Tickets Problem

Wed Nov 21 11:11:06 GMT 2007

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, openlinuxsource wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I hope SGE can adjust process priority dynamically, so I should make
> different tickets for different jobs. But how to do it? What should I do in
> this step in order to add tickets?

You must enable dynamic job reprioritization by specifying a
non-zero reprioritize_interval in sched_conf(5). Assigning
tickets on a job can then be done with functional/share tree
policy. Controlling job tickes manually can be done with

    qalter -ot <ticket_amount> <jobid>

the more tickets a job gets, the higher it's runtime priority.

Regards,
Andreas

> Thank you very much~
>
> Regards,