[GE users] job submission to windows execution host

Deepti Thapliyal deepti.thapliyal at progression.com
Thu Nov 22 09:34:48 GMT 2007

Hi Harald,

# qstat -f -u "*" is working fine. It solved my problem of checking the
status of jobs submitted by any specific user.

But my problem is that I am not able to execute job on windows execution
host. Please consider the following points with this issue :
1) Job submission is fine with either the linux or windows based host. No
problem with that.
2) Job execution is also perfect on linux based machines.
3) BUT windows machine is not executing any of the jobs submitted.
 i.e.,
     Job submitted through "user" (which is obtained from Active
     Directory), results in the following error message : "can't get
     password enrty for user <user_name>. Either the user does not exist or
     an NIS error".

Thanx for your reply... Please see to this one.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepti