[GE users] subordination and consumables

Ross Dickson Ross.Dickson at dal.ca
Thu Nov 22 15:15:20 GMT 2007

Reuti wrote:
> Am 22.11.2007 um 15:32 schrieb Ross Dickson:
>
>> Okay, thanks.  I take h_vmem out of the "complex" line in "qconf -me
>> <host>" and I put it in the complex line in "qconf -mq <queue>".
>> That seems to work.
>>
>> I've got different amounts of memory in different hosts, though.  Is
>> there a way to handle that without creating separate cluster queues
>> for them?
>
> yes, something like:
>
> h_vmem                4G,[@nodes_8G=8G],[@nodes_16G=16G]

Uh, which line are we talking about here?

 > qconf -sq all.q | grep h_vmem
complex_values        h_vmem=64G
h_vmem                INFINITY

How can I apply the [host=params] syntax on the "complex_values" line?
If I modify the second line to read

h_vmem    64G,[cl001=128G]

then my quick-and-dirty test here says it restricts the entire cluster
queue to only running 64G worth of jobs, not 64G per host.