[GE users] Tight integration template for IntelMPI ?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Nov 23 10:07:42 GMT 2007

Hi,

Am 23.11.2007 um 07:56 schrieb Ionel GARDAIS:

> Some users complains about processes left working on nodes after a
> qdel.
> Our parallels apps use IntelMPI implementation.
> On which template (or paper) should I base my work to use tight
> integration with IntelMPI ?
> I'll also work in using the SGE-provided rshd in order to forbid
> users to log in the nodes (I've recently view some posts telling
> the '-i' arg is the right one ?)

AFAIK IntelMPI is based on MPICH2, hence this might help:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/mpich2-integration/mpich2-
integration.html

If you have a Tight Integration of your parallel apps, you can
disable rsh/telnet in /etc/xinet.d/... completely and limit ssh to
admin staff by adding a line "AllowUsers gardias" or so to /etc/ssh/
sshd_config. If you want to use qlogin or qrsh for interactive
queues, the rshd and telnet server daemons must be installed on the
nodes, but SGE will start them on its own for each request.