[GE users] moving SGE-ROOT

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Mon Nov 26 21:51:28 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 12:15 -0500, Naveed Mohammad wrote:
> Or just change your SGE_ROOT to point to the new location.

Yes, you are of course correct.
What I was trying to get at was:
If you suspect there are some scripts squirreled away somewhere, or some
users who are setting $SGE_ROOT incorrectly, a symbolic link from the
old location to the new will cope with that.

In fact, I use a symbolic link myself for certain purposes - for
instance I did an upgrade on one site last week, but kept the original
SGE_ROOT backed up on another disk. When I had to check a certain
configuration, I was able to roll back to the original by setting a link
to that area and restarting the SGE master.
I know that you can back up/restore using sge_inst -bup