[GE users] Help: Scheduler Profiles

openlinuxsource openlinuxsource at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 11:34:07 GMT 2007

Hello,

I read SGE Installation Guide, and I notice that the Scheduler Profiles
part will choose a scheduler profile for tuning. And I have a problem
about it.

When I install SGE, I choose "normal" profile. In fact, I just use
default option. However, I find that the other two options might be
important in schedule strategy. The "max" profile can enable immediate
scheduling. So I suppose that it means dynamically, I may need to use
this profile for my cluster. But I have chosen "normal", can I change a
profile to another profile? Is it will influence resource scheduling
obviously?

Thank you very much~

Regards,

Amy Lee