[GE users] flexlm and node-locked licences

Jan Sundermeyer jan.sundermeyer at iis.fraunhofer.de
Wed Nov 28 15:54:09 GMT 2007

Hi Mark,

Olesen, Mark schrieb:
> Hi Jan,
>
>> i have experimented a little with flexlm integration into sge using
>> the qlicserver.
>> It seems to work, however it fails to notice that some jobs get their
>> licence from a node-locked licence, thus they do NOT consume a
>> floating licence.
>
> Did you set "complex_values" for exec host in question?

I just did that, but it seems that the job does not take the value from
that stack.
My licence here is called tokens and it is globally set to 12, 999 for
the node-locked server.
3 jobs are running, default value for tokens is 1 token per job and
qstat -F tokens tells me that 9 tokens are left.

qlicserver notices that one external job is consuming a licence and
wants to reduce the complex "tokens" to 8.
However the three internal jobs only consume two licences and 9
available tokens would be correct.

To make things even more complicated, we also have a second type of
licence which under special circumstances is taken. Thus I would like
qlicserver to set the number of available tokens directly to the number
extracted from lmstat.
Since SGE seems to do the calculations of available tokens itself, the
number of tokens would have to be adjusted to "tokens"=tokens taken by
SGE + tokens available by lmstat.

Best regards,
  Jan

>> I would like that qlicserver artificially increases the number of
>> available licences since SGE internally assumes that also the
>> node-locked jobs consume a licence.
>
> If this remains a problem, you might have to shadow the license a bit with a
> new complex.
> But to help you, we need a bit more detail of your config.
>
> /mark
> This e-mail message and any attachments may contain
> legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information,
> or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON
> Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice
> serves as marking of its ?Confidential? status as defined
> in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender
> and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
> or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this
> message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby
> notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying
> of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
> If you have received this message in error, please
> immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail
> message from your computer.

Jan Sundermeyer

Fraunhofer-Institut für Integrierte Schaltungen
Projektgruppe Optische Kommunikationstechnik
Am Wolfsmantel 33
D-91058 Erlangen
Germany

phone (49) 9131/776-9214     Fax.: -499     e-mail:
Jan.Sundermeyer at iis.fraunhofer.de

Signierungszertifikat: http://pki.fraunhofer.de

http://www.iis.fhg.de/asic