[GE users] Help: Scheduler Profiles

Lee Amy openlinuxsource at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 10:55:37 GMT 2007

2007/11/28, Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>:

> Am 28.11.2007 um 15:11 schrieb openlinuxsource:
>
> > Reuti wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> you can set with "qconf -msconf":
> >>
> >> schedule_interval                 0:2:0
> >> flush_submit_sec                  4
> >> flush_finish_sec                  4
> >>
> >> -- Reuti

> > Thank you for your reply. If I enable this in "qconf -msconf", I
> > need to set up functional or share tickets, right?
>
> No. The settings above are just for max scheduling. Nothing more is
> necessary.
>
> -- Reuti

> Reuti,

Thank you for help. I've changed settings with the command. But when I
submit jobs, I still can't see the dynamically scheduling from QMON
directly.

Mu cluster has five nodes with 20 processors and I set up SGE can use 19
processors. When I submit jobs I find that SGE can run 19 jobs, other jobs
are pending. If I wanna run more jobs than processors, what should I do? I
know I run the jobs more than processors only, SGE can use its own
dynamically adjust.

Thank you very much~

Regards,

Amy Lee