[GE users] Help: Scheduler Profiles

Lee Amy openlinuxsource at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 01:11:43 GMT 2007

> If you have a large SMP machine, SGE can be set up to use the functional
> policy to adjust the nice values of the processes dynamically. This means of
> course to oversubscribe the machine. If you have just "slots = processes",
> you can't do much to speed them up.
>

> With a clusters of machine with 4 cores this would only work inside each
> machine.
>

> -- Reuti

Thank you. I suppose that I can understand now. However, I have a silly
question about the schedule. I have use functional policy to adjust
processes dynamically. But in fact I hope SGE can adjust them with auto. And
I read the SGE guides, they said that SGE can schedule the whole resources
with auto. How I use it?

Thank you very much~

Regards,

Amy Lee