[GE users] SGE-6.1u2 on Windows XP 64?

Harald Pollinger Harald.Pollinger at Sun.COM
Fri Nov 30 12:24:50 GMT 2007

Deval kulshrestha wrote:
> Hi
> As far as I know SGE works with win 32 with sfu 32 bit, but there is no SFU
> available for any 64 bit windows thus SGE wont work with 64 bit windows, its
> limitation from MS SFU.

That's true, but there is SUA on 64 bit Windows, which should/could be
able to run all SFU binaries.

> I am not aware if there are any recent developments from MS/SGE team to make
> it work on Win 64 bit.

One of my next steps will be to install Windows Vista, Windows 2003
Server R2 and Windows XP 64 and set up SUA to test if SGE works on all
of them, but I doubt that I can put much effort in it in the next weeks
if it doesn't run on one of them.

Regards,
Harald

http://www.sun.com/gridware