[GE users] Tying resource quota limits w/ calendar?

Daire Byrne Daire.Byrne at framestore-cfc.com
Fri Nov 30 14:58:16 GMT 2007

----- "Reuti" <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:

> > I wonder is there a way to tie resource quota limits to the
> calender?
> >
> > The idea being i.e. to be able to adjust max. jobs per user
> > depending on the time of the day.
>
> you could define an additonal queue with a calendar, and set up the
> RQS to address just one queue in both cases (normal-hrs.q, night-
> hrs.q). A calendar inside an RQS might be interesting, but what
> should happen when the constraints get tighter? Suspend/Kill/Drain
> the jobs which violates the condition and if, which one(s) of them...

In a similar vein is it possible to attach calenders to the scheduler config (-msconf)? Again that would be nice for switching between night and day. Of course this can easily be achieved with a cronjob but then so can most things in SGE that you would use a "calender" for. It's nicer to have it all within the same system.

Daire