[GE users] Tying resource quota limits w/ calendar?

Fri Nov 30 16:44:33 GMT 2007

Well, first we have to allow multiple scheduler policies.  For now
that's not possible.  One of the changes for 6.2, however, is moving the
scheduler process into the qmaster as a thread.  Once that happens, we
may support multiple scheduler threads in the future, each with its own
scheduler configuration.  If/when that happens, odds are good that each
scheduler thread will be tied to some set of queues.  Once that happens,
you will be able to apply the same logic as for resource quotas to
controlling the scheduler with calendars.

Daniel