[GE users] qsh and qlogin setup

Iain Milne imilne at scri.ac.uk
Mon Sep 3 09:39:18 BST 2007

Hi all,

We have a small cluster running SGE that we recently tweaked to get it
working with qsh and qlogin. Although, this worked, the process I used
doesn't scale well to a cluster with lots of nodes, so I'm looking for
advice on how to streamline...

I first ran: qconf -mconf and added the following lines to change the
telnet/rlogin options to ssh:

 rsh_daemon                   /usr/sbin/sshd -i
 rlogin_daemon                /usr/sbin/sshd -i
 rsh_command                  /usr/bin/ssh
 rlogin_command               /usr/bin/ssh
 qlogin_daemon                /usr/sbin/sshd -i
 qlogin_command               /usr/nfs/sge_root/qlogin_wrapper

/usr/nfs/sge_root/qlogin_wrapper contains:

 #!/bin/sh
 HOST=$1
 PORT=$2
 /usr/bin/ssh -X -p $PORT $HOST

All fine so far, however, I then discovered that each node already
contained entries for:
 qlogin_daemon                /usr/sbin/in.telnetd
 rlogin_daemon                /usr/sbin/in.rlogind

The only way I could remove these entries was to manually run:
 qconf -mconf <nodename>
and delete the two lines. And again and again for each node we had.

This was just about bearable for our small 21 node cluster, but we're
about to tackle the same job on a 80+ node cluster.

I'm sure there's a faster way? Help me find it please :-)

Thanks

Iain

SCRI, Invergowrie, Dundee, DD2 5DA.
The Scottish Crop Research Institute is a charitable company limited by guarantee.
Registered in Scotland No: SC 29367.
Recognised by the Inland Revenue as a Scottish Charity No: SC 006662.

DISCLAIMER:

This email is from the Scottish Crop Research Institute, but the views
expressed by the sender are not necessarily the views of SCRI and its
subsidiaries.  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
to the intended recipient at the e-mail address to which it has been
addressed.  It may not be disclosed or used by any other than that addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient you are requested to preserve this
confidentiality and you must not use, disclose, copy, print or rely on this
e-mail in any way. Please notify postmaster at scri.ac.uk quoting the
name of the sender and delete the email from your system.

Although SCRI has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are
present in this email, neither the Institute nor the sender accepts any
responsibility for any viruses, and it is your responsibility to scan the email
and the attachments (if any).