[GE users] Job does not run on the other host.

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Sep 4 11:12:38 BST 2007

Am 04.09.2007 um 08:17 schrieb amanyus:

> Oh I did not know that the official documentation assume we have
> $SGE_ROOT shared among hosts. I will try to do that.
>
> Which folder should I share? Because I'm not only using sparc
> architecture machine, but also a linux32 and darwin ppc.
>
> How can it be done?
>
> Share first and install or the other way. Thanks. Appreciate alot
> for your time.

The common way is to have one machine as file server and install all
binaries for all necessary platforms into one shared directory (plus
the common tarball). The binaries for different platforms are in
different subdirectories. Just mout this one shared $SGE_ROOT and you
can install it on all the platforms.

Hint: If you have binaries of one and the same application for
different platforms, it's also convenient to have an identical
directory structure for them, as you can then use in the jobscript
the same statement, whatever platform you get granted by SGE, e.g. we
can use:

/opt/$ARC/Gaussian03-D.01/g03/g03

as $ARC is defined by SGE in the jobscript.