[GE users] qrsh/epilog redirected to stdout

Kuzak kuzak at kuzak.net
Wed Sep 5 00:02:50 BST 2007

Is it possible to get an epilog script to write to the same
stdout(iostream?) that a job writes to when using qrsh?

My goal is to write an epilog script that will print information to a users
screen at the completion of a job (or to the *.o<job_id> file for a qsub)

This seems to work as I expected for qsub, but it does not work as I
expected for qrsh.  Is it possible to echo information into the iostream
that connects a qrsh session to a submission terminal?

Below is an example of what I am trying to achieve.  My goal would be to
have ?Linux & Hello World? both printed when I run a ?qrsh uname? as they
are when I run a similar qsub.

[aric at gtmaster epilog]$ cat hello
#!/bin/sh
echo Hello World

[aric at gtmaster epilog]$ ./hello
Hello World

[aric at gtmaster epilog]$ qconf -sq all.q | grep epilog
epilog                /opt/grid/epilog/hello

----------------

[aric at gtmaster epilog]$ qrsh uname
Linux

----------------

[aric at gtmaster epilog]$ qrsh -o ~/qrshtest.out uname
Linux

[aric at gtmaster epilog]$ cat ~/qrshtest.out
Hello World

[aric at gtmaster epilog]$ qsub -N testjob -b y uname
Your job 169 ("testjob") has been submitted

 [aric at gtmaster epilog]$ cat ~/testjob.o169
Linux
Hello World

Thanks,
   -Aric