[GE users] exclusive job

??? blueriver at eastday.com
Wed Sep 5 16:33:04 BST 2007

    [ The following text is in the "gb2312" character set. ]

Dear all,

    How can I do proper config for exclusive job.

    I want to submit some jobs, who only run on a sole node, not span different nodes. I have viewed the following link and test it.
    http://gridengine.info/articles/2005/09/22/allowing-user-jobs-to-take-over-entire-nodes

    I create a complex greedy and set greedy=1 in our queue (the nodes are 4 slots). When I submit a job like 'qsub -l greedy=1 simple.sh', then the job occupy a entire node. But I think when I submit with 'qsub simple.sh' to the same queue without exclusive flag, it can only occupied a slot not a whole node. But the test result seems it occupy the whole node.
I can set greedy =4 in the queue, but user who want to submit exclusive job, will need to submit with greedy=4, which is difficult remember for common user.

    So how can I submit a exclusive job just like 'qsub -l greedy=1 slots=1 simple.sh' and a common job like 'qsub slots=1 simple.sh'?

    Thanks and best regards.

?                 Tom
????????blueriver at eastday.com
??????????2007-04-21