[GE users] flexlm integration

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Thu Sep 6 20:33:11 BST 2007

Hmm. If their LSF implementation is done via an ELIM script it would
probably be pretty easy to convert the LSF ELIM into some sort of
load sensor or Olesen-compatible method. You should ask the vendor -
they would probably have an interest in seeing SGE support their
license manager.

Of course none of this is necessary in the following situations:

  - Sitewide license (no license integration needed in this case)
  - Node locked license (easy to handle via forced requestable
resources)
  - License is used only on the SGE cluster (license integration can
be handled by a trivial consumable resource)

.. "real" integration with external license servers is only needed in
the case where a server is offering up entitlements to users and
systems that are not part of the SGE installation.

-Chris