[GE users] error: commlib error: ssl connect error (SSL handshake error)

Bisbal, Prentice PBisbal at LexPharma.com
Fri Sep 7 20:04:11 BST 2007


    [ The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-10" character set.  ]
    [ Some special characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]

SGE Users, 

I'm using SGE 6.0u8 with SSL. I've been using it since August of last year without any problems. Shortly before the SSL certificates expired this August, I replaced them with new ones on August 8, 2007. After updating the certificates and restarting the daemons, everything was working fine... Until today. Out of the blue, I started getting errors related to SSL. I've made no significant changes to any of the systems involved in the past month. 

When running a simple command like qstat, I get these SSL errors:

$ qstat
error: commlib error: ssl connect error (SSL handshake error)
error: commlib error: ssl error (the used certificate is expired)
unable to contact qmaster using port 536 on host "hw-emperor.lexpharma.com"

I tried running qstat from several different machines, all with the same result. Next, I tried stopping/restarting the daemons on the master server. When I did that, I got this error from sge_schedd (I reran it below manually to capture the error messages):

# /usr/local/share/sge/bin/lx24-x86/sge_schedd
error: commlib error: ssl connect error (SSL handshake error)
error: commlib error: ssl error (the used certificate is expired)
error: getting configuration: unable to contact qmaster using port 536 on host "hw-emperor.lexpharma.com"
error: can't get configuration from qmaster -- backgrounding

I checked my SSL certificates, and they are valid until August of 2008: 

# /usr/local/share/sge/utilbin/lx24-x86/openssl x509 -in /var/sgeCA/sge_qmaster/default/userkeys/sgeadmin/cert.pem -text

...
        Validity
            Not Before: Aug  8 14:30:50 2007 GMT
            Not After : Aug  7 14:30:50 2008 GMT
...


All the permissions look correct, too. 

I set the debug level to 5, and started up sge_schedd to get some debug information. I couldn't glean any useful information out of it. I've attached that debug information in the hopes that someone else on this list can make more sense of it than me. 

Thanks in advance - any help will be appreciated. I've got some scientists who are eager to get back to number crunching. 


Prentice 




The contents of this communication, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  They are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose the contents of this communication.  Please notify the sender immediately and delete the communication in its entirety.


    [ Part 2: "Attached Text" ]

    [ The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-10" character set.  ]
    [ Some special characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net



More information about the gridengine-users mailing list