[GE users] How long does it take a message to go through?

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Fri Sep 7 21:59:25 BST 2007

Anecdotal experience suggests that the mailserver or mailing list
software run by CollabNet uses a technique called
"greylisting" (google that term if it is unfamiliar). As a result,
active posters usually see their messages show up pretty quickly
while less active users usually see a bit of a delay. When I've
posted after a lull I've usually seen my message appear within the
hour. The next message after that, however, shows up in minutes.

... off to catch my flight from Boston -> Munich, can't wait to see
people at the workshop!

-Chris