[GE users] ATTN Workshop Attendees -- Invitation for Sunday Evening

Fritz Ferstl ferstl at sun.com
Sat Sep 8 08:57:20 BST 2007

> Keep in mind that on Sunday evening in Regensburg, there won't be a
> whole lot else to do. :)

Now THAT, of course, is far from the truth and you, Dan, who has lived
around Regensburg for >2yrs should know it!

Regensburg has some 900 restaurants, pubs, discotheques, etc. That's A
LOT for a city of the size of Regensburg with ~150,000 inhabitants. It's
in fact so much to make Regensburg the city with the biggest number of
restaurants per capita in Germany (counting cities larger than a certain
threshold size).

So do not fear that you'll find no entertainment! But that said, the
Dult is a great option or a good place to start (depending on your
constitution) ...

Cheers and see you,

Fritz

Daniel Templeton wrote:
> Servus!
>
> If you're not coming to the Grid Engine Workshop next week, then I
> apologize for sending you yet more information about an event you can't
> attend.  (Maybe next year!)  Please ignore.
>
> If you are coming to the Workshop, and you'll be checked into your hotel
> by Sunday evening, then I'd like to invite you to join me for a little
> entertainment.  Sunday night is the last night of the Regensburg autumn
> Dult.  The Dult is like a tiny Oktoberfest; all the beer, 1/10 the
> crowds.  (More info (in German) here:  http://www.dult-regensburg.de/ )
> It's a good place to eat some (German) fair food and drink a few liters
> of beer.  (Someone please stop me at two.  The third one is hazardous to
> my health.)
>
> If you're interested in going to the Dult as a group, meet me in the
> lobby of the Sorat at 17:45 Sunday evening.  It's not far from the
> hotel, so we'll walk.  If you need to contact me before then, try one of
> the following:
>
> o Leave a note for me at the hotel's front desk
> o Write me an email; success will depend on Internet access at the hotel
> o Call me after 10:00 on Sunday: +49.160.6707.817 (You can drop the +49
> if calling from Germany.)
>
> Keep in mind that on Sunday evening in Regensburg, there won't be a
> whole lot else to do. :)
>
> I look forward to seeing you all at the conference.  (If you read this
> far and you're not coming to the conference, now you know what you're
> missing!  Start buttering up your management now for next year.)
>
> Bis bald,
> Daniel

Sun Microsystems GmbH         Fritz Ferstl
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7         Director Grid Engineering
D-93049 Regensburg            Phone: +49 (0)941 3075-110 / x60110
Germany                       Fax: +49 (0)941 3075-222 / x60222
http://www.sun.de             mailto:ferstl at sun.com
Registered Office / Sitz der Gesellschaft:
    Sun Microsystems GmbH
    Sonnenallee 1
    D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
    Germany
Commercial register of the Local Court of Munich /
Handelsregistereintrag Amtsgericht Muenchen:
    HRB 161028
Managing Directors / Geschaeftsfuehrer:
    Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer
Chairman of the Supervisory Board / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates
    Martin Haering