Re2: [GE users] ATTN Workshop Attendees -- Invitation for Sunday Evening

Fritz Ferstl ferstl at sun.com
Sat Sep 8 09:06:11 BST 2007

>> o Call me after 10:00 on Sunday: +49.160.6707.817 (You can drop the
>> +49 if calling from Germany.)

One thing I forgot: If you try to dial Dan's number from Germany then
dropping the +49 won't work. You need to *replace* it with a '0'.

Cheers,

Fritz

Fritz Ferstl wrote:
>> Keep in mind that on Sunday evening in Regensburg, there won't be a
>> whole lot else to do. :)
>
> Now THAT, of course, is far from the truth and you, Dan, who has lived
> around Regensburg for >2yrs should know it!
>
> Regensburg has some 900 restaurants, pubs, discotheques, etc. That's A
> LOT for a city of the size of Regensburg with ~150,000 inhabitants. It's
> in fact so much to make Regensburg the city with the biggest number of
> restaurants per capita in Germany (counting cities larger than a certain
> threshold size).
>
> So do not fear that you'll find no entertainment! But that said, the
> Dult is a great option or a good place to start (depending on your
> constitution) ...
>
> Cheers and see you,
>
> Fritz
>

> Daniel Templeton wrote:
>> Servus!
>>
>> If you're not coming to the Grid Engine Workshop next week, then I
>> apologize for sending you yet more information about an event you
>> can't attend.  (Maybe next year!)  Please ignore.
>>
>> If you are coming to the Workshop, and you'll be checked into your
>> hotel by Sunday evening, then I'd like to invite you to join me for a
>> little entertainment.  Sunday night is the last night of the
>> Regensburg autumn Dult.  The Dult is like a tiny Oktoberfest; all the
>> beer, 1/10 the crowds.  (More info (in German) here:
>> http://www.dult-regensburg.de/ )  It's a good place to eat some
>> (German) fair food and drink a few liters of beer.  (Someone please
>> stop me at two.  The third one is hazardous to my health.)
>>
>> If you're interested in going to the Dult as a group, meet me in the
>> lobby of the Sorat at 17:45 Sunday evening.  It's not far from the
>> hotel, so we'll walk.  If you need to contact me before then, try one
>> of the following:
>>
>> o Leave a note for me at the hotel's front desk
>> o Write me an email; success will depend on Internet access at the hotel
>> o Call me after 10:00 on Sunday: +49.160.6707.817 (You can drop the
>> +49 if calling from Germany.)
>>
>> Keep in mind that on Sunday evening in Regensburg, there won't be a
>> whole lot else to do. :)
>>
>> I look forward to seeing you all at the conference.  (If you read this
>> far and you're not coming to the conference, now you know what you're
>> missing!  Start buttering up your management now for next year.)
>>
>> Bis bald,
>> Daniel

Sun Microsystems GmbH         Fritz Ferstl
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7         Director Grid Engineering
D-93049 Regensburg            Phone: +49 (0)941 3075-110 / x60110
Germany                       Fax: +49 (0)941 3075-222 / x60222
http://www.sun.de             mailto:ferstl at sun.com
Registered Office / Sitz der Gesellschaft:
    Sun Microsystems GmbH
    Sonnenallee 1
    D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
    Germany
Commercial register of the Local Court of Munich /
Handelsregistereintrag Amtsgericht Muenchen:
    HRB 161028
Managing Directors / Geschaeftsfuehrer:
    Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer
Chairman of the Supervisory Board / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates
    Martin Haering