[GE users] sgeexecd doesn't know find libraries at boot time

Beadles, Jeff jeff_beadles at mentor.com
Mon Sep 10 21:01:09 BST 2007

By default (and imo it's a horrible default), sge_execd inherits any environment variables set when it is run.

I would bet that you have an environment variable set, say LD_LIBRARY_PATH that contains the path to libimf.so.  When the system boots, it doesn't have this variable set, and fails your jobs.  When you restart it, it picks it up from your environment, and passes it thru to your jobs.

The fix, is to have your job script set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or if you only have one platform type in your grid, you could use;

$ qsub -v LD_LIBRARY_PATH ...

Regards,
 -Jeff