[GE users] 32 bits and 64 bits nodes in one cluster

Alexandre Racine Alexandre.Racine at mhicc.org
Wed Sep 12 15:06:11 BST 2007

I have been searching if a mixt 32 and 64 bits nodes cluster could run.

Looking how the settings.sh file is ($SGE-ROOT/[Cell name]/common/settings.sh), it seems that all paths will be ok since it is using the `arch` program.

So what is recommanded? I have a share $SGE-ROOT with GFS, should I just install the two versions at the same place? Does all the files of SGE 32bits and SGE 64bits are the same except what is in the `arch`/bin/ folder?

Thanks.

Alexandre Racine
Projets spéciaux
514-461-1300 poste 3304