[GE users] isolating node problem

jiangfan shi jiangfan.shi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 15:53:45 BST 2007

> It looks like it's not getting to the point of running your job, so just
> putting a "hostname" command in your script might not help.
>
> Just remember to run "qstat -j job_number" if the job is still queued to get
> detailed information, and "qacct -j job_number" if the job has attempted to
> run at least once.

Jeff, Thanks for you suggestion. Now there are many jobs to run, if I
only run a few jobs, then they will be successfully executed, so I
could not isolate the wrong nodes in this way.

Any other tips? Which flags I should put in my scripts to capture the
node information of my job.  I want to know if the job failed, then
which node it has been submitted by qsub.

Thanks.

Jiangfan