[GE users] Rescheduling emails

Chris MacPhee chris.macphee at queensu.ca
Thu Sep 13 15:09:42 BST 2007

Hi folks,

We have recently implimented a set of prolog and epilog scripts for one
of our software queues; if the software cannot run due to
memory/licensing/etc issues, the job is sent back to the queue (pe_start
exit code 99).

Unfortunately, it appears that SGE considers the prolog/epilog a full
start/stop of the job and issues mail when the "-m be" flag is used.

Is anyone aware of an option to SGE that will mail only on execution of
the job itself, not the prolog/epilog?

Thanks,
 - Chris

************

Job 1234 (bleh.csh) Rescheduled
  Exit Status      = -1
  Signal           = unknown signal
  User             = itsme
  Queue            = production.q at mooland
  Host             = mooland
  Start Time       = <unknown>
  End Time         = <unknown>
  CPU              = NA
  Max vmem         = NA
failed rescheduling because:
09/10/2007 15:20:25 [60055:6044]: exit_status of pe_start = 99

--
F. Chris MacPhee
Systems Engineer
E-mail: macpheec at post.queensu.ca