[GE users] execd on HP-UX starts as root

truneaux truneaux at gmx.de
Fri Sep 14 10:24:37 BST 2007

Hi there,

I have a newly installed 6.1u2 running and I just found that sgeexecd on HP-UX B11.11 on a 9000/785 running as root though there is an admin_user configured.

The admin_user is qadmin, defined in a NIS passwd map. yppasswd gives me the same output an all platforms for qadmin, the $SGE_ROOT directory belongs to qadmin as well as everything below $SGE_ROOT but the sgeexecd keeps starting as root on these nodes. Only systems running HP-UX show this behaviour, the other plattforms don't.

My qmaster runs on a Linux RHEL4, kernel 2.6.9-42.0.3, x86 architecture.

Any suggestions ?

Kind regards, Christian