[GE users] scheduler crashes on applying qrs for queued job?

SLIM H.A. h.a.slim at durham.ac.uk
Mon Sep 17 15:33:20 BST 2007

The following problem occurred with 6.1u2 on OpenSUSE 10:

I have a single resource quota set with a limit set for a single user
dcl0has:

{
   name         ham3
   description  "Restrict wall clock time"
   enabled      TRUE
   limit        users dcl0has hosts @pvmhosts to h_rt=600
}

When user dcl0has submits a job the scheduler crashes. The job remains
in the qw state and after the scheduler has been restarted it will try
to schedule it but crashes again.

Replacing the user by an acl, like

   limit        users testproject hosts @pvmhosts to h_rt=600

where qconf -su testproject gives
name    testproject
type    ACL
fshare  0
oticket 0
entries dcl0has, ... and more users

does work for user dcl0has although the wall clock time limit of 10
minutes is not enforced. I assume h_rt can be used in rq sets?

I haven't found anything relevant in the message files (yet).
Is this a known problem?

Thanks

Henk