[GE users] DEBIAN Architecture UNSUPPORTED-lx24-GLIBC-x86 no tsupported by this procedure!

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com
Tue Sep 18 13:31:41 BST 2007

> Also note that /lib/libc.so.6 can run as a binary, and reports
> its versions and component versions nicely, without using strings().
> Previously reported on this list by Rayson, IIRC.

Good point.
Using this, the entire library version check in SGE_ROOT/util/arch could
even be reduced to a single line:

libc_version=$(
  /lib/libc.so.6 | sed -n -e '1 s/^.*version *\([^ ]*\).*/\1/p'
)

Of course, I could have simply read the script comment too ;-)

      # verify the GNU C lib version
      # For an alternative means to determine GNU C lib version see
      # http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/FAQ.html#s-4.9

/mark
This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its ?Confidential? status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.