[GE users] qdel

Lönroth Erik erik.lonroth at scania.com
Tue Sep 18 13:36:48 BST 2007

Hello!

I have an application that detects the presence of a file ".isstopping" to kill its paralell child processes on different hosts. I wan't this file to be created upon a "qdel" invocation for this specific application.

My initial focus was the "PE" stop_procedure, but it's only executed AFTER the completion of the job-script, so that won't help me much.

I need to catch the "qdel" and act on this by creating that file and wait for some time before killing the job to let the application finish up.

My question is: How would I achieve this in a good way?

 I've read something about trapping SIGKILL or SIGTERM, but I'd figure there are good ideas out there....

I'm on SGE 6.0u8

Regards
/Erik