[GE users] A little help with SGE commands

Luís Miguel Silva lms at ispgaya.pt
Thu Sep 20 16:53:38 BST 2007

Hello everybody,

I''ve just started messing around with SGE and i was wondering if anybody could
help me find out how to:
- check existing nodes on cluster
- check node state
- how to add a compute node to the cluster
- how to ask more then one compute node during job submission
- is there any way to run a script after a job is finished / canceled / failed ?

After i installed the SGE service, i think i added my two compute nodes (the
headnode + a dedicated compute node) but i don''t know how to check if i
configured them correctly.

Every job i submit is executed on my compute node so im guessing my headnode is
not properly configured as a compute node.

Could anybody point me to some "cheat sheets" with simple / direct examples on
SGE''s different commands / syntaxes?

Thanks,
+----------------------------------------
| Luís Miguel Ferreira da Silva
| Instituto Superior Politécnico Gaya
| Rua António Rodrigues da Rocha, 291/341
| Sto. Ovídio ? 4400-025 V. N. de Gaia
| Tel: +351 223745730/3/5
| GSM: +351 912671471

Este email foi enviado via o webmail do ISPGaya
Instituto Superior Politécnico Gaya

    [ Part 2, "Chave Pública PGP"  Application/PGP-KEYS 1.7 KB. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]

    [ Part 3: "Attached Text" ]