[GE users] How do I know if install_qmaster has been run?

skip.montanaro at gmail.com skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 14:46:50 BST 2007

One of our admins installed SGE in /gridware/sge on several machines the
other day.  Alas, he's unavailable and I want to get started setting things
up.  Is there a way to tell which machine (if any) has been configured as
the master?  I see install_qmaster and install_execd in the top-level
directory.  Assuming nothing has been done I presume I'm supposed to run
install_qmaster on one machine and install_execd on all the machines which
are to execute jobs, correct?

Thanks,

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.webfast.com/~skip/